Monday, April 23, 2012

Paint Completion

I am excited to announce, paint is complete and it looks good! Hey everyone, come see how good this looks. Next week is assembly. So here is the process I took.


  • Strip down the tank to metal so I could put metal filler in the dents to fill them
  • Cut off almost all tabs on frame and grind them down. 
  • Sanded all the filler down to even out tank
  • Scuffed everything else so the primer would stick
  • Etching primer on everything
  • Scuffed primer
  • Applied 2 coats of paint on all black items
  • Taped off black on wheels
  • Painted 2 coats of yellow
  • Took off all tape
  • Applied 2 coats of clear
I'd say I give it a B+ meaning its not perfect but I am def. satisfied. Here are a few pics.





I bet you noticed all the pictures of my wheels. Yeah I am happy about those.

Work time 8.5 Hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment